I am eating a piece of Black Forest Chocolate Cake
and
blogging.
I suppose this is one of my new forms of procrastination when I really don't feel like facing the chinese language. After a week of being sick, it was an un-fun road back into chinese. I'm still on it. After only a week, I was having trouble writing the the basic of characters. This just shows I'm still in a very fragile stage of language acquisition and another week long illness could very well mean the end of my grades. I hadn't seen as many red marks on a paper I've gotten back in a long time- except for the one that I got back today. So-I didn't do horribly, but it's time for me to get back on track. On that note- i decided to drop my Classical Chinese class. While I really did enjoy it, I have too much I need to make up/remember, and I want to retain as much as this chinese as possible. i believe if i continued to take that class I just wouldn't have enough time for the language to soak in.
Other than that rude awakening, today was nice. I went on a little campus exploration trip today and tried this Bun/Porridge restaurant on campus. It's a really nice cheap lunch when one doesn't want to deal with hassle of the food court or the noodle house. I feel healthy again, and I can ride my bike again without worry.
Though, I noticed that there was actually very little traffic on the streets today. I guess its because its a national holiday. This week is China's birthday, and it looks like everyone went back to their home province. I'm used to swerving for my life at least 4 times a day, but I only had to once today.
I could really use a massage right now. I should have gotten one this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment